WHO: Representatives from Ronald McDonald House Charities of Arkoma and corporate partners Arkansas Children’s Hospital, Delta Dental and Tyson Foods, Inc.
WHAT: The state-of-the-art Ronald McDonald Care Mobile®, a 40-foot mobile dental clinic, will be unveiled and tours will be offered. Local dentists will also be on hand to answer questions about oral health.
· Unveiling of the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile®
· All partners will be available for photos
· Jones Elementary School 2nd grade students performing
· Ronald McDonald character appearance
WHEN: Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2009
11 a.m. press conference
11:30 a.m. Ronald McDonald Care Mobile® tours
WHERE: John Q. Hammons Convention Center
3303 Pinnacle Hills Parkway
WHY: The event is significant because:
· The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile® will provide free dental care and oral health education to children who otherwise would go without dental care.
· All the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile® services are provided in a 40-foot long, 8-foot wide mobile unit built specifically for delivering pediatric dental health care services.
· The Ronald McDonald Care Mobile® will go to 19 Washington and Benton County elementary schools annually, selected by the number of students who receive free or reduced lunch.
· Tooth decay affects children in the United States more than any other chronic infectious disease and can lead to other medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and malnutrition from pain while eating.
· Nationally, children lose an estimated 50 million school hours each year because of dental-related illnesses. Children in low-income households lose an average of 12 times more school because of dental illness.
CONTACT: Meredith Adams, Mitchell Communications Group, 479-443-4673
Lindsey Gibson, Ronald McDonald House Charities, 479-751-9617
Dan McFadden, Arkansas Children’s Hospital, 501-529-6566