The United Way of Northwest Arkansas is preparing for its upcoming campaign season and is approaching it a little differently this year. Many people know the iconic “Live United” t-shirts that have become a staple of United Way’s brand over the years. In the past, United Way of Northwest Arkansas has had t-shirts of that style for its yearly campaign. This year’s theme is “Paint Their Future Bright,” with the focus being around raising funds to help create a pathway out of poverty for children in Northwest Arkansas.
To help kick off the campaign and bring the theme to life, United Way NWA is calling for children under the age of 18 to submit a design for the campaign t-shirt. The guidelines are as follows:
1. Can be up to three colors, not including the color of the shirt.
2. Design must fit within 10” x 10”.
3. The design should be inspired by the campaign theme: “Paint Their Future Bright”. Designs that include the words of the theme will be prioritized.
4. The design must be original. By submitting a design, the entrant guarantees that the design does not contain any copyright material and that he/she holds rights to everything in it.
5. Designs must be easy to reproduce. United Way NWA reserves the right to make adjustments to the winning design.
6. Try to ensure that the submitted designs are of a high quality that will work well for printing on a t-shirt. For instance, the design should have dimensions of 10 inches square with at least a resolution of 150 pixels per inch. Vector artwork is also preferred. Software such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw or Corel Paint are good options. If scanning a painting or drawing, also allow for a high quality scan as mentioned above.
7. Entries must be received by May 27, 2016, emailed to email@example.com or mailed to: United Way NWA, Attn: Kelsey Brock, 100 Parkwood Street, Lowell, AR 72745.
8. Entry submissions must include the name and age of the child who designed it and the contact information of the child’s parent or guardian (phone number, address, email, etc.).
9. All entries become the property of United Way of Northwest Arkansas.
The designs will be reviewed by graphic design professors in the University Of Arkansas Department Of Art. These judges will select a winning design. The winning design will be printed on t-shirts for United Way NWA’s 2017 Campaign, worn by representatives from over 400 organizations across Northwest Arkansas.
Any questions about the contest, guidelines, or specifics on submissions can be directed to Kelsey Brock, firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find more information about United Way of Northwest Arkansas here.