Dee Vaughn loves to see the difference that the Circle of Life care team makes for patients and families.
“We are blessed to stand in sacred space every day,” she says.
Dee is the Chief Development Officer for Circle of Life, a nonprofit hospice serving residents of Northwest Arkansas in Benton, Washington, Carroll and Madison counties. The team of doctors, nurses, chaplains, social workers, hospice aides, bereavement counselors and trained volunteers works with patients and their families to provide quality end-of-life care in homes, nursing facilities and at the nonprofit’s hospice homes in Bentonville and Springdale. Dee has been with the orgaization for 5.5 years, and her role as a CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Professional) is to plan, coordinate and assure the implementation of strategies to develop donors, funding and contributions to support the mission and future of Circle of Life.
Dee is originally from Edmond, Oklahoma, and has lived in Northwest Arkansas for 22 years. She and her husband Rex reside on Beaver Lake just outside Lowell. Dee loves to relax and play on the lake with family and friends.
“We spend our free time traveling to new places but always love coming home to our little paradise on the lake,” she says.
We asked Dee 13 questions to learn a little more about her.
13 with 3W
- Mimosa or Bloody Mary? Mimosa
- Best advice you’ve ever received? Do something kind for someone who can never repay you.
- Favorite vacation spot? Hawaii
- Play or musical? Musical – loved “Hamilton” at the CIBC Theatre in Chicago
- Early bird or night owl? I’ve always been an Early Bird
- Biggest pet peeve? When the car in front of me sprays windshield wiper fluid on my car!
- Style icon? Definitely Madonna in high school but now a little more Jackie O
- Comedy or drama? Drama … “Downton Abbey” fan
- Quote that inspires you? Live life to the fullest and make a difference along the way.
- Red or pink? Power Red
- Cat or dog? Cats, dogs and horses
- What makes you smile the most? Watching Blake become an amazing adult!
- Beach or mountains? Both
For more information about Circle of Life, visit www.nwacircleoflife.org.