Dr. Missy Clifton is our go-to for everything about skin.
A Board Certified Dermatologist, Missy founded Premier Dermatology in 2004. There are now three locations in Bentonville, Fayetteville and Bella Vista, and Premier Dermatology strives to provide “All Things Skin” to the people of Northwest Arkansas, she says.
“We treat all ages and manage everything from acne, eczema and warts to psoriasis and skin cancer,” Missy says. “We offer the most cutting edge injectable treatments, lasers, facial treatments and scientifically proven skin care to address any cosmetic concern. We constantly go to meetings and read the dermatologic literature to stay current and bring the most up to date and advanced treatments to the region.”
Premier Dermatology is having its fall open house on Oct. 24 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Bentonville location, so make sure to save the date in your calendars!
Want to know more about taking care of your skin? Missy gave us 4 skin care tips:
- Wear a sunscreen with Zinc or Titanium as the active ingredient EVERY DAY.
- NEVER, EVER lay in a tanning bed.
- Never go to bed without washing your face.
- Know your skin and invest in a scientifically proven skin care regimen. Not sure what you need? No problem! Premier Dermatology does free skin analyses and has a new app that will help direct you in which products will be best for you.
Missy is originally from Dardanelle and now lives in Bentonville with her husband Jeff. They have three children: college freshman Alli and twins Sam and Sophie, who are in sixth grade.
Missy also is a current board member for The Cancer Challenge.
“This organization is near and dear to my heart as it provides funding to many local charities that provide cancer care to the people of NWA. Every penny we raise stays here in NWA to help cancer patients navigate treatment, bring the most advanced cancer treatments and caregivers to NWA and make the region home to world class cancer care.”
We asked Missy 13 questions to find out a little more about her.
13 with 3W
- Best advice you’ve ever received? From my mom, “Plan your work and then work your plan.”
- Sweet or savory? Savory!
- Favorite cocktail? Blueberry Mojito
- Massage or facial? Facial … specifically Hydrafacial
- Favorite skin care item? Lumivive system by Skin Medica. The Day Damage Defense Serum has very powerful antioxidants to help protect your skin from damage. It contains the most advanced ingredients to provide full atmospheric protection from pollution and high intensity blue light that damages our skin from our constant use of phones and computers. The Night Revitalize Repair Complex helps enhance our skin’s sleep repair cycle. It enhances your skin’s ability to resist environmental attacks and speeds and improves skin recovery.
- Style icon? Meghan Markle. She is stunning and always looks elegant and classy. She’s living my secret desire – to be a Royal. I’ve been obsessed since Princess Di became the Princess of Wales.
- Gold or silver? Yes! I often mix both. Why choose?
- Biggest pet peeve? People who aren’t team players when people aren’t watching … For instance, how hard is it to replace the toilet paper roll if you use the last square?
- Diamonds or pearls? Tough one … but diamonds!
- Favorite movie of all time? “Forrest Gump”
- Tea or coffee? Tea for sure
- Dressy or casual? Dressy. Because I spend most of my life in scrubs or fitness gear, I love to dress up.
- What’s one thing you would love to master? Parenting. I strive to do my best in everything I do, but parenting is without a doubt my most important job and the one I wish I could be perfect doing.
For more information about Premier Dermatology, visit www.premierderm.net.