Every day that Kent Eikenberry goes to work at the NWA Food Bank, he has a purpose.
“I know I am helping people. There are approximately 65,000 people who need our help. They need me to do my job and do it well,” says Kent, President/CEO of NWA Food Bank.
Kent is originally from Kansas and has lived in Northwest Arkansas for over 33 years. He started his role with the NWA Food Bank in January 2016.
NWA Food Bank serves four Northwest Arkansas counties by providing an affordable and credible food source to its partner agencies serving the hungry. Want to help? You can donate funds, provide food or volunteer at the food bank. One of the food bank’s biggest fundraising events is also happening in just a few weeks. The Jewels of Giving Gala will be Nov. 15 at the John Q. Hammons Center. Visit the NWA Food Bank website for more details and to purchase tickets.
When he’s not working, Kent plays golf, follows college football and hangs out with his family. He and his wife Diana have been married for more than 43 years and have three adult sons, two daughters-in-law and five grandchildren.
We asked Kent 13 questions to find out a little more about him.
13 with 3W
- Football or baseball? Baseball
- Biggest inspiration? Probably my parents
- Sunrise or sunset? Sunrise
- Best trip you’ve ever taken? Hawaii
- Well done or rare? Medium
- What’s one thing you would love to master? Besides shooting par, I would like to learn to play the piano … and lose weight
- Favorite cocktail? Canadian Blended whiskey with a splash of water
- Cat or dog? Neither
- Quote that inspires you? “Do the next right thing.”
- Biggest pet peeve? People who assume food insecure individuals are trying to scam the system and get something for free
- Adventurous or cautious? More toward cautious
- Best advice you’ve ever received? Be the best version of yourself
- Sand or snow? Sand
To learn more about the NWA Food Bank, visit www.nwafoodbank.org.