There’s something about Mary …
Mary Heman is Executive Director, CPG Shopper Marketing at Valassis Digital. At its core, Valassis Digital is moving consumers from ad to action by using predictive intelligence for results-driven advertising. How does this happen?
“First we look at a more complete consumer view by knowing the neighborhoods where people live, the stores they frequent, and the difference between someone interested in running for office, wanting running shoes or running a small business then connect them across devices,” Mary says. “We activate the best buyers across media options including print and digital and optimize spend. Clients see the impact and gain actionable insights to achieve powerful results.”
Mary’s role is leading the Northwest Arkansas office of seven sellers. This team works with large and small CPG companies and their agencies, as well as Walmart, to solve their digital marketing needs.
“My job allows me to meet and work with so many different people who support Walmart and Sam’s Club as well as partner vendors to brainstorm solutions and big ideas. And, being part of a technology company allows me to have a flexible work environment, which is ideal as a working mom balancing dance classes, baseball games and school functions.”
She lives in Bentonville with her husband Ryan and their two children, 9-year-old daughter Ellen and 6-year-old son Jack. The family also has a 12-year-old pound puppy named Phog. Fun fact: Phog is named after Phog Allen, a basketball coach at the University of Kansas, where Ryan and Mary met.
Originally from Omaha, Nebraska, Mary moved to Bentonville 13 years ago. She loves to eat at local restaurants, noting that her family is in the restaurant business in Omaha. She adds that a new favorite activity for her family is bike riding, and it has been fun testing out all the trails and riding to local spots.
We asked Mary 13 questions to find out a little more about this fantastic lady.
13 with 3W
- Singing or dancing? Dancing for sure – no one needs to hear me sing, ha!
- Call or text? Text
- Beer or wine? Wine. Pinot Noir to be specific.
- Internet or TV? TV binge is a favorite waste of time for sure.
- Sweet or salty? Both! I love Pringles with chocolate – amazing snack
- Gold or silver? Rose Gold is my latest splurge of jewelry items.
- Pancakes or waffles? Pancakes
- Early bird or night owl? Well, thanks to my beautiful children I now am forced to be an early bird, which is ruining my night owl status. I’m naturally a night owl.
- Roses or lilies? Lilies
- Sand or snow? SAND hands down
- Spa or gym? Is this really a question? Spa all day, everyday
- Comedy or drama? Comedy
- New York or LA? New York