Rebekah and Flint Harris have owned Bliss Cupcake Café since 2011.
“I love being part of the celebrations in people’s lives whether it’s a first birthday, a wedding, a gender reveal party or a 50th wedding anniversary. Each one is special,” Rebekah says.
Flint enjoys seeing people come in with a smile on their faces and knowing he and Rebekah can make their day a little bit better.
Rebekah is originally from North Little Rock and Flint is from Fort Worth, Texas. Both started college at the University of Arkansas in 1998.
“I walked into a party in 2001 and told myself I wasn’t leaving until I asked out the best looking girl at the party. Rebekah and I have now been married for 17 years,” Flint says.
Rebekah and Flint have a 10-year-old daughter, Cilla, who is a whiz on the Bliss cash register, and a 7-year-old son, Duke, who is learning how to help out at the family business, too. They also have a golden retriever named Belle, which Rebekah says they got at the peak of their daughter’s Disney princess phase.
When they’re not working, Flint loves to eat at all the cool local spots and enjoys playing, coaching and watching sports, and Rebekah likes spending time with family and lazy Friday nights at home. They both love to travel.
We asked Rebekah and Flint 13 questions to find out a little more about them.
13 with 3W
- Favorite cupcake flavor at Bliss? Flint: Anything with our peanut butter frosting! Rebekah: I love the cinnamon roll cupcake. But I’m really a sucker for a Bliss Macaron. The Salted Caramel ones are my favorite.
- Early bird or night owl? Flint: I was a night owl, but am slowly transitioning to an early bird. Rebekah: I’m a lot like Flint, I was always a night owl but I would say I’m officially an early bird. Having kids in school changes things.
- Go-to cocktail? Flint: I only like fruity drinks where you can barely taste the alcohol! Laugh all you want! Strawberry Margarita Rebekah: I love a margarita on the rocks with my Mexican food and pretty much anytime for that matter, but I also really love a glass of white wine just about anytime, too.
- One talent you wish you had? Flint: I cannot sing or draw, so either would be swell! Rebekah: I wish I was more athletic.
- Best gift you’ve ever given? Flint: We took our kids to go see Dude Perfect last summer. I knew it was the perfect gift! Rebekah: We also took our daughter to New York City, which is one of my very favorite cities, for her 10th birthday. It was one of my favorite trips ever. I love watching things that we love through the eyes of our children for the first time.
- Comedy or drama? Flint: Comedy Rebekah: Comedy. Preferably, romantic comedy.
- If you could switch lives with someone for a day, who would it be? Flint: Troy Aikman Rebekah: Lauren Akins, Thomas Rhett’s wife.
- Favorite vacation spot? Flint: Lake Tahoe Rebekah: Anywhere tropical. A white beach with crystal clear blue water. Turks and Caicos and Grand Cayman are my very favorites.
- Best advice you’ve ever received? Flint: My parents urged me to believe in myself for as long as I can remember. Rebekah: Pick your battles. In marriage. In friendship. In parenting. I find it to be true in all relationships.
- Biggest pet peeve? Flint: Drivers who take too long to make a left turn. Rebekah: Mean people. I have no tolerance.
- Favorite movie? Flint: “Braveheart” Rebekah: “Sweet Home Alabama”
- What makes you smile the most? Flint: My kids deadpanning a one-liner. Rebekah: It’s a toss up between old “Friends” episodes and looking through old family pictures.
- Chocolate or vanilla? Flint: Peanut Butter Rebekah: Chocolate. Especially the Bliss frosting.
For more information about Bliss Cupcake Café, visit www.blisscupcakecafe.com.