Planning an event at Ruth’s Chris Steak House in Rogers? You’ll get to work with Tatum Murray!
Tatum is the sales and events manager at Ruth’s Chris, and she schedules and helps plan private parties or special events that people would like to have at the restaurant. She works with all kinds of groups that would like Ruth’s Chris to host their parties or events, including pharmaceutical dinners, birthday parties, rehearsal dinners and anniversaries.
“I love being able to help people bring their party/event visions to life!”
She’s originally from Phoenix, Arizona, and moved to Little Rock when she was 12 years old. Tatum then attended college at the University of Arkansas, and while in school, she started working at Ruth’s Chris as a hostess. After graduating in 2017, she was promoted to sales and events manager.
“I love working at Ruth’s Chris because the staff is supportive and feels like family,” Tatum says. “With my family being far away, the restaurant became my home away from home! I love that it feels like every day is different, and there is always something to do for one party or another!”
Looking for a great place to unwind after a long work day or to grab a bite to eat before a concert at the Walmart AMP? Tatum suggests checking out the patio at Ruth’s Chris. There is an excellent happy hour menu of discounted drinks and appetizers, and the bartenders will be happy to recommend a delicious cocktail or a glass of wine!
We asked Tatum 13 questions to find out a little more about this creative planner.
13 with 3W
- Rare or well-done? Rare
- Favorite cocktail? Ruby Red Greyhound from Ruth’s, definitely!
- Sweet or savory? Definitely both! I am obsessed with chips and spicy food, but also a chocolate lover. I could never pick between the two.
- Beer or wine? Love me some wine!
- Best advice you’ve ever received? “Sit in the front of class” – my mother. Wouldn’t have made it through college algebra without that!
- Gold or silver? Gold!
- Favorite trip you’ve ever taken? My Mimi took me to Italy for my 16th birthday. Best trip ever by far. We ate gelato every day and saw so many amazing places. I’ll never forget those experiences.
- Biggest pet peeve? Negativity
- What makes you smile the most? My friends and how loving they are!
- Internet or TV? TV aka Netflix and binge watching
- Book you’ve read again and again? “Heart Talk” by Cleo Wade
- Adventurous or cautious? In between. Adventurous until my nerves get to me!
- Who is your biggest inspiration? My Grandpa aka “PopPop.” I’ve grown up hearing all of his stories about the wonderful life he has lived and the crazy places he has worked! He has taught me so many things and makes me laugh constantly. I hope to live a life like his!