Ronald McDonald House Charities of Arkoma (RMHC of Arkoma) opened a 3200 sq. ft home-away-from-home for families with critically ill children on the third floor of Mercy NWA in Rogers on July 16, 2013. Offering four bedrooms to be utilized overnight and during the day for napping, a fully stocked kitchen, 2.5 bathrooms, a double laundry room, dining room, family storage and more, the Family Room will be open 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
“Studies show children heal better and faster when loved ones are near,” said Stephanie Medford, Executive Director, Ronald McDonald Charities of Arkoma, Inc. “It is crucial to ensure family members are rested, fed and comfortable in order to make informed decisions about their child’s health and well-being.”
Building on the success of the chapter’s first four bedroom Ronald McDonald Family Room at Mercy in Fort Smith, AR, the Family Room in Northwest Arkansas expects to have several thousand visits per year. The Family Room in Fort Smith has had over 18,000 daily visits since opening in December 2010 and has served over 1,000 unique families.
Campaign fundraising started earlier this year for the $700,000 project and will continue until all naming opportunities are spoken for. There are many ways to give to this program including –
- Donations/Pledges that include an engraved leaf on the Tree of Life at the new Ronald McDonald Family Room® at Mercy NWA
- Make a Difference – customizable monetary levels of giving include:
- Naming Opportunities: $10k-$100k
- Individual Giving: $250-$5k
- Wish List Donations – pick up a needed item listed on Facebook.com/RMHCofArkoma, including travel-sized toiletries, shelf-stable foods, toys and more.
- Wish list registries can be found at Dillard’s, Target and Wal-Mart under the wedding registry, simply search for Ronald McDonald House
- Give Time – Volunteer to cook meals, help clean or be a front desk attendant
- Team Up – For individuals, groups and clubs interested in volunteering or fundraising, we can present during your meetings or meet one-on-one about how you can help.
To get involved with the Ronald McDonald Family Room, contact Leah Jones at 479-756-5600 or email@example.com. Join our Facebook page at Facebook.com/RMHCofArkoma to stay updated on the continued progress and opportunities with the Family Room.